The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation establishes some requirements for entry into Spain for stays not exceeding 90 days within a 180-day period which is subject to the conditions provided for in Regulation (EU) Nº 2016/399, of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 9 March 2016 on a Union Code on the rules governing the movement of persons across borders (Schengen Borders Code).
These requirements can be summarized as:
- Being in possession of a valid passport or travel document.
- Being in possession of a valid visa (Please check the list of countries whose nationals must be in possession of a visa when crossing the external borders).
- Not being subject to a ban on entry (recorded in the S.I.S. [Schengen Information System] or in the National Register).
- The presentation of any of the following documents may be required:
- Invitation from a company or an institution to take part in meetings, conferences, etc., of a commercial, industrial or similar nature.
- Document proving the existence of commercial, industrial relations, etc.
- Entry tickets to trade fairs, congresses, conventions, etc.
- Invitations, tickets, bookings or programmes indicating, as far as possible, the name of the host organisation and the duration of the stay, or any other document indicating the purpose of the visit.
- Exceptionally, the presentation of medical certificates may be required by the Ministry of Home Affairs, in accordance with guidelines from the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality or the Ministry of Employment and Social Security, or pursuant to European Union legislation. The need to present these certificates shall be made known sufficiently in advance, as far as possible.
Further information regarding these requirements and as well as the Visa issues can be found through this link and/or directly through the Spanish Embassies or Consulates whose addresses can be found through this link. Is the responsability of the participant to obtain a visa in advance if required.
The organisers will be pleased to send a letter of invitation to any individual requesting one, once their registration and fee have been received. It is to be understood that such an invitation is intended to help potential participants raise travel funds or obtain a visa. It is not a commitment on the part of the congress to provide any financial support. You may request such a letter during the online registration or from the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).